• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Whats the best way to GAIN weight?

WayFarLost

Bluelighter
I was in publix today and i weighed myself at 155, the lowest ive ever been. Everyone in my family has been noticing how much skinnier im getting. Obviously the best solution is to go pig out on little debbie snack cakes, but eating too much always makes me sick and throw up. Does anyone know of an easy way to put on about 15 pounds?

I'm not sure what to tell you specifically to eat, because i cant say ive ever had the trouble of wanting to gain weight :\ but there are lot of nutritrious foods that are high in calories, like nuts and avacados and stuff.

I just dont enjoy eating that much, and ritalin takes my hunger away so i forget to eat... I'm 6'4" so i look like a twig. Is there some kind of pill that slows down your metabolism?

Pigging out on debbie snack cakes is probably one of the worst ways you can go about gaining weight, as its all sugary carbs with little to no nutrients/vitamins/minerals and will probably make you fat and nothing else. Several litres of milk a day is good because its convienant, easy and quick to get down and has a good breakdown of carbs, fats and proteins. I also like eating alot of peanut butter throughout the day, maybe like 10 spoonfulls at the end of every meal. Remember, unless you just want to get round around the stomach you should be doing some kind of resistance training. It doesnt have to be anything overly long or fancy, pull ups, dips, handstands, sit ups/weighted sit ups, and a bit of plyometric jumping can be enough if your goals are modest.

my waist is definently the issue and my forarms. The rest of me looks pretty normal, just very toned muscle.

If bigger forearms are you goal I'd highly recommend using a rice bucket. Its really easy, just get a big bag of rice, stick your forearm in and rotate your fist back and forth (all the way) while pushing down. If its too easy open your hand a bit and tense hard. Do 2 sets of 50 repetitions each hand and at the very least you'll get more vascular but if your eating right you'll get bigger. For me personally, it works better then a wrist roller and is easier on my joints.

So just lots of milk and peanut butter? I think i should set a timer on my phone to remind me to eat regularly. What about fast food? I know multivitamins dont make up for eating crap all day long but i take them. I really wish my metabolism would slow so i didnt have to eat so much. Grr

I can see most of my ribs and wrap my fingers around my arm about half way down

You just need to force yourself to eat. with ritalin I found it almost painful to eat a normal amount

when I was below 100lbs at 5'5 my doctor lowered my dose. I didn't want it lowered but he did it anyways until I gained and then increased it by smaller increments. Maybe your Ritalin dose is too high. If its causing anorexia (inability to eat) so severe you are losing a lot of weight its not good for you to continue with it. Talk to the doctor that is prescribing your Ritalin

that made me smile...i know a couple of guys like that. two totinos pizzas sandwiched together. 760 calories, 28g protein.

whether or not that won't put fat on you is completely genetic. the guys i know that can eat anything they want and hardly gain fat are brothers.

as zyggy mentioned, see about lowering the ritalin dose.

other than that, break your meals down into smaller sizes. 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 larger ones. set your phone's alarm if you have to. milk and peanut butter are great. every night before you go to bed pour yourself a big glass of whole milk and make a triple decker PBJ sandwich.

make absolutely sure you're eating breakfast. eat something. fruit, oatmeal, boil some eggs. all of the above would be ideal, but eat breakfast.

if you want to gain weight, you can. it takes action though.

I have tried to gain MANY MANY times. At the urging of my partners. Doesn't usually work to well. I even went on a medication that they give cancer patients to help them eat. I gained about 15 pounds but as soon as I stopped taking it I went right back to 100pds. I guess I will just have to accept that I will always be smaller than everyone else.
I wouldn't say junk food is the way to go about it (although that is all I tend to eat. I just quit caring), I would say go for healthy fats and proteins if you are looking to put on weight in a healthy way.
I so know how difficult it can be, especially when you are on something that makes you even less hungry.
I would also say don't rush it. Don't force it too much. Start with protein shakes and stuff like that when you really aren't that hungry. You have to get you body used to food again.

Haha man that's gold, made me laugh out aloud! I think I'd have a heart attack after one day on that diet though =D

“For dinner you’re gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don’t like sardines, don’t put ’em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that fucker up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that shit over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the shit out of it.”

I'm abusing the ritalin, and even without it im way too skinny. My dad never keeps any fucking food in the house so just finding it becomes an issue sometimes. I have to drive to my moms place just to eat. What medication is that? I think i need some

i had this prob babes, but if you can, eat little and often. i found that big daunting meals made me feel ill and could only eat small amounts. eat regularly if you can, lots of water, but it will take time. its taken me from 1st jan 2010 to now to gain 7 lbs

or those nutrition drinks, my gdad had cancer and to gain weight after hes had the op they gave him loads

which my family tried to feed to me

theyr only small and contain a lot of protien vitamins and calories which u mite be missing out on

go look in pharmacies or even the internet. or possibly health shops

:)

fast/slow metabolism has nothing to do with it. If you're underweight you aren't eating enough. A lot of people drastically undereat but are convinced they are eating enough..

two totinos pizzas sandwiched together. 760 calories, 28g protein.

Psh. I eat 2,500 cals after a workout and do that daily. Rest of my day is like 2.5k cals also..

Last edited:
I jog 2 miles every other morning and work out on saturdays. I doubt if i get 1500 calories in a day, lol. Eating sucks!

I'm not sure I understood your question, but you want to gain some weight rapidly?

Zyprexa (olanzapine) is an antipsychotic which has the property of letting you gain A LOT of weight in very little time. When I was on it, I gained 30 kilos (approx 65 pounds) within two months. I stopped it because of that (and for other reasons too).

I've heard it is now used for helping anorexics gain weight. BUT I'm stressing you to seek medical advice before listening to a bluelighter you don't know. Ask your doctor about this med, although I seriously think it has more drawbacks than benefits, especially this sort of "benefit".

I didn't gain weight when I took Zyprexa.. was on it for about 2-3 years.